Tuesday 18 May 2010

Nothing

Nothing is what I long to feel
no anger, no sadness
nothing that’s real,
a break from emotions
just for a day,
a break from these feelings
that wont go away

I am so tired of being lost
I’m exhausted from being alone
I am so tired of being angry
I just want to be still like a stone

A rest from this constant
feeling… just that
a break from emotions
just for a day.

They don’t seem to stop
they invade my dreams
they hurt every part
of my life.

Oh how simple it must be
to be emotion free
to have no feelings
interrupting me.

But then…

If there were no feelings
there’d be no joy for me
no happiness, no lust
no excitement and no glee.

Where would we be without feelings?
We would be just shells,
whats the point in living
if we have no selves.

So perhaps I’ll go on feeling
and go on day to day
just living with emotions
in my very own special way.

1 comment:

Jennifer Morgan said...

You should do the poetry for more than just fun!:)